This is a sinfully delightful way to eat apples. It’s rich and juicy and warm and cozy. Also, it’s apples and hence predominantly guilt free!
The best part was I could get almost one apple along with some raisins and walnuts into the little one’s stomach. Makes it a favorite right away! Also, it’s a quick and easy desert to serve while having people over. The recipe is from here.
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Brown sugar 3 tbsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Walnuts, chopped 4 tbsp
Raisins 4 tbsp
Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg powder 1/4 tsp
Ginger powder 1/2 tsp
Orange Juice 4 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Mix brown sugar, walnuts,raisins, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and ginger powder
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to this mixture and combine.
- Cut off the top of the apple and scoop out the flesh with a small spoon.
- Ensure that the walls and base of the apple are intact.
- Stuff the sugar mixture into the apples and sprinkle the balance mixture on top.
- Arrange the apples in a baking dish and pour the orange juice on and around the apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes till the apples are tender and the skin is loosened.
- Pour the balance orange juice over the apples and serve warm, preferably with ice cream.
- Other options for stuffing are cooked rolled oats, other dried fruits, candied fruits or ginger, etc.
- If you are baking more than 3 apples then it is advisable to rotate the baking tray once after 15 minutes of baking.
This is part of the