Its nice to be back on the blog after what feels like forever. Its been one month during which I made the mega move from Malaysia to India. So this is my first post from my temporary accommodation in Bangalore. I was not sure I could participate in this month’s BM since I would not have access to a kitchen. But it was as if Srivalli read my mind and had two themes which fit my situation perfectly – No bake desserts and one appliance dishes. I knew I could achieve both by a microwave and a refrigerator both of which are available here.
All my recipes this month will involve minimum ingredients, small quantities and quick cooking because I don’t have enough place to store too many ingredients and not large enough cookware. This recipe is super useful for me to get some veggies for my daughter. I use carrots mostly but this should work with other veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, corn, etc. So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Carrots, small 2-3
Butter 1 tbsp
Salt & Pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Wash the carrots well and cut into roundels. You can peel them if you want
- Add the carrots to a microwave safe bowl and enough water so that the carrots are immersed in the water
- Microwave on high for 7-8 minutes till the carrots are fork tender. If making for small kids, an additional 1 minute will make it softer and easier for them to chew.
- Melt some butter in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds on medium
- The water from the carrots should have completely evaporated. Drain the remaining water, if any and add it to the melted butter
- Add salt and pepper and toss well. You can add dried herbs or chilli flakes as per your taste.
This is my entry for the Blogging Marathon under the theme – One Appliance Three Dishes – with the microwave oven.